To prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Library is open by appointment only. Please see below to learn about our current services.
Curbside Pick-Up Hours: Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 11 - 5 p.m.
Remote Reference Assistance: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 - 5 p.m.
- Ask a Librarian: Email email@example.com.
- Chat with a Librarian: Click "Get Help Now" in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Text a Librarian: Send a text to 708-284-8433
Limited Reopening Resources:
The following services will be available by appointment only. Building hours are Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. You can schedule an appointment by calling the Library at 708-485-6917 x 130 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Face masks and appointments will be required in order to enter the building.
- Computer Access
- Printing via our wireless printing service
- Scan & fax station
- Book-a-Librarian appointments (by telephone and Zoom only)
- Throughout the duration of the Curbside Pick-Up period, Brookfield Library materials will be fine free. If your item is overdue, it will be checked in without accruing fines to your account.
- Please return items in the book drop to the right of the Grand Blvd doors; the book return on Lincoln Avenue is closed.
- For your safety, we will be quarantining items for 72 hours before they are checked in and sent out to other members.
- You can now place holds on all items within the SWAN network. Delivery and fulfillment of held items may take longer than usual.Please note that not all SWAN libraries are participating in resource sharing at this time.
- All classes and events have gone virtual! See a full list of our classes and programs on our Virtual Events page.
- Previous classes, events, and room reservations that were hosted at the Library have been cancelled.
While the Library is closed, take advantage of our 24/7 online resources and downloads.
- Listen to emusic or eaudiobooks
- Stream movies or TV shows
- Read ebooks or emagazines
- Get homework help and research assistance
- Learn online
Get a Library Card
Need access to our online resources but don't have a library card yet? Sign up for a digital card to access all of our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, online databases, homework help, and more. You can sign up for a digital library card through SWAN.
If you are having issues signing up for a digital library card, or are having issues with your Brookfield Library card, please email email@example.com with your name and library card number and a librarian will help you resolve your issue.
Comcast is offering 60 days free in-home, high-speed Internet access for low-income households. Additionally, all XFINITY WiFi Hotspots will be free and open for anyone. Please visit www.internetessentials.com to learn more about Comcast Internet Essentials.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
Global and National Information
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (map of confirmed cases here)
- The World Health Organization
- GISCorps COVID-19 Testing Site Locator
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois COVID-19 hotline: (800) 889-3931; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economic Assistance
How to Protect Yourself and Others
According to the CDC:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. View the CDC's video here.
- If washing your hands is not an option, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and immediately wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces.
View the CDC's full prevention guide here.