What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a free service that provides instant online access (with your Library card) to free and discounted tickets to museums and other fun cultural attractions. Explore More Illinois can be accessed 24/7 from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Pass access is limited to card holders ages 18 and older. Users may choose from passes based on venue and date. A limit of two active reservations are allowed at one time. A photo ID matching the name on the reservation must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
How do I get a Pass?
Get started at Explore More Illinois Login. From the drop-down menu, choose the Brookfield Public Library, enter your Library card number and PIN. Please note that your Library card must be in good standing. If you cannot log in, please call the Library at 708-485-6917. Browse passes and available offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location.
How can I make a Reservation?
Reservations must be made for a specific date. Using the calendar, select the date then choose the Reserve option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear and a confirmation email will be sent. It is recommended to print your pass shortly before your visit. Once you print or download your pass, you cannot cancel your reservation. Two active reservations are allowed per Library card. Reservations may be cancelled before they are printed or downloaded. Once you print or download your pass, you can not cancel your reservation, and it remains an active status until after the date on the pass.
What do I need to bring to the attraction on the day of the reservation?
You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy; this is indicated when you make the reservation.
What attractions are included?
Please note that participating attractions may change. Please visit Explore More Illinois to see current attractions and offerings.
Participating Attractions (as of March 8, 2022)
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum / Springfield
- American Writers Museum / Chicago
- Annoyance Theatre / Chicago
- Buffalo Grove Park District Community Arts Center / Buffalo Grove
- Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House / Moline
- Chicago Children's Museum / Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum / Chicago
- City Lit Theater / Chicago
- Civil War Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Dinosaur Discovery Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Discovery Center Museum / Rockford
- Edwards Place / Springfield
- Ellwood House Museum / DeKalb
- Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park / Oak Park
- Exploration Station...a children's museum Bourbonnais Park District / Bourbonnais
- Fox River Grove Memorial Public Library / Fox River Grove
- Galesburg Parks & Recreation Lakeside Recreation Facility / Galesburg
- Gateway Grizzlies / Sauget
- Harris Theater / Chicago
- Hegeler Carus Mansion / LaSalle
- Illinois Holocaust Museum / Skokie
- Kankakee County Museum / Kankakee
- Kenosha Public Museum / Kenosha, WI
- Kidzeum of Health and Science / Springfield
- Lansing Historical Society Museum / Lansing
- Lincoln Heritage Museum / Lincoln
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art / Oak Brook
- Love's Sweet Arrow / Tinley Park
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art / Evanston
- Metropolis Performing Arts Center / Arlington Heights
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College / Chicago
- Museum of the Grand Prairie / Mahomet
- North Suburban Library District / Loves Park and Roscoe
- Peoria Park District Owens Recreation Center Ice Arena / Peoria
- Peoria Riverfront Museum / Peoria
- Raupp Museum / Buffalo Grove
- Springfield Art Association / Springfield
- Vermilion County Museum / Danville
- Wheels O' Time Museum / Dunlap
This list was last updated on March 8, 2022. The list of participating and attractions and their offers are subject to change. Not all attractions will be available to all libraries. Please log into Explore More Illinois to see the most current offerings.
Does Explore More Illinois include free or discounted admission to major Chicago attractions?
Popular Chicago museums including Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science & Industry, Field Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, Adler Planetarium are NOT included in the Explore More Illinois program.