We will continue to use Beanstack to encourage and record the reading activities of all our readers! Beanstack is an online service that allows you to log your reading challenge from your computer on our Beanstack website or on your smart device using Beanstack Tracker (for Android and Apple).
Check out the Library's current reading challenges:
- Sign up now for the Fall Reading Challenge "Changes Colors, Turning Pages."
- Read 15 books by Saturday, November 12
- All who meet the challenge will be entered into a drawing with the possibility of winning one of three grand prizes.
- If the reader is reading larger chapter books, please feel free to count 50 pages as one book.
- Open to all kids in Kindergarten to 5th grade.
- Registration for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten is ongoing.
- This reading challenge is open to all kids from birth to Kindergarten.
- The main goal is to read 1000 books, but every time you read 100 books, you receive a prize when you visit the library at the Youth Services Department.
The Check Out Challenge is a year-long reading event for adults. Every month, we will unveil a new theme and some reading, watching, and event recommendations for you to check out that match that theme. Read or listen to a book, watch a movie, or attend a Library event to earn an entry in that month's prize drawing. Stop by the second floor information desk at the Library for a bookmark and a button whenever you complete a theme!
If you complete the challenge for all twelve months, you will be entered in to our Grand Prize Drawing, and also earn a completion prize! Don't worry, you can complete previous month's themes at any time once you join the Challenge.
The Challenge can be completed online through Beanstack by clicking here, or in person, by picking up a paper log at the Information Desk. Check out our monthly recommendations below: