- SWAN - search Brookfield's catalog as well as the other 70 plus libraries that belong to the SWAN consortium. You can request titles through your SWAN account.
- OCLC - worldwide library catalog that connects you to resources outside of our SWAN catalog. If you would like to request an OCLC title please contact Information at 708-485-6917, ext. 130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Book Ahead - reserve your spot at the top of the line for popular upcoming releases.
- NoveList - find your next read with this resourceful readers' advisory tool. Provides recommendationss based on titles or authors you enjoy.
Get access to thousands of eBook and eAudio titles for free with your Brookfield Library card! Titles can be downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
- BiblioBoard - no checkout limit; simultaneous use. Compatible with computer, apple, android, and Kindle Fire devices.
- eRead Illinois - download up to five titles at once. Compatible with computer, nooks, apple, android, and Kindle Fire devices.
- Hoopla - stream 5 titles per month. Compatible with computer, apple, and android devices.
- My Media Mall - download up to five titles at once. Compatible with computer, nooks, all Kindle devices, apple, and android.
Download or stream music, movie and magazine issues using the free Library resources listed below! Just have your Library card number ready and start streaming. Each service is slightly different so be sure to read the descriptions listed below to ensure you are accessing the correct content.
- Freegal Music - access 15 million songs. Download 5 songs per week and stream 3 hours of commercial free music per day. Similar to iTunes and Pandora.
- Hoopla - stream 5 movies, TV shows, or music albums per month. Hoopla also offers access to eBooks and audiobooks.
- RBDigital - access over forty magazine titles that can be downloaded to your computer or mobile device. Simultaneous use and unlimited downloads means there are no lines!
The Library provides free access to a variety of library-related apps. These apps make it easier to request an item, renew an item, or download e-content to your mobile device. If you need help downloading or using an app, please let us know, we would love to help.