To prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Library is currently closed. We will reopen with limited services beginning Wednesday, July 8. Please see below to learn about our current services.
Curbside Pick-Up Hours: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 11 - 5 p.m.
Remote Reference Assistance: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 10 - 5 p.m.
- Ask a Librarian: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chat with a Librarian: Click "Get Help Now" in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Text a Librarian: Send a text to 708-284-8433
Limited Reopening Resources:
Starting July 8th the following services will be available by appointment only. Building hours will be Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. You can schedule an appointment by calling the Library at 708-486-6917 x 130 or by emailing email@example.com. Face masks and appointments will be required in order to enter the building.
- Computer Access
- Printing via our wireless printing service
- Scan & fax station
- Book-a-Librarian appointments (by telephone and Zoom only)
- No fines will accrue on overdue items.
- Please return items in the book drop to the right of the Grand Blvd doors; the book return on Lincoln Avenue is closed.
- All holds are limited to Brookfield materials at this time. Holds will be filled when the Library resumes limited services (date TBA).
- RAILS (the regional library system) will resume delivery of Interlibrary Loan materials on July 7. Your holds on non-Brookfield items are not cancelled, however they won't be filled until July 7.
- All classes and events have gone virtual! See a full list of our classes and programs on our Virtual Events page.
- Previous classes, events, and room reservations that were hosted at the Library have been cancelled.
While the Library is closed, take advantage of our 24/7 online resources and downloads.
- Listen to emusic or eaudiobooks
- Stream movies or TV shows
- Read ebooks or emagazines
- Get homework help and research assistance
- Learn online
Get a Library Card
Need access to our online resources but don't have a library card yet? Sign up for a digital card to access all of our online resources including eBooks, eAudiobooks, online databases, homework help, and more. You can sign up for a digital library card through SWAN.
If you are having issues signing up for a digital library card, or are having issues with your Brookfield Library card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and library card number and a librarian will help you resolve your issue.
Comcast is offering 60 days free in-home, high-speed Internet access for low-income households. Additionally, all XFINITY WiFi Hotspots will be free and open for anyone. Please visit www.internetessentials.com to learn more about Comcast Internet Essentials.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
Global and National Information
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (map of confirmed cases here)
- The World Health Organization
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois COVID-19 hotline: (800) 889-3931; email: email@example.com
- Economic Assistance
How to Protect Yourself and Others
According to the CDC:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. View the CDC's video here.
- If washing your hands is not an option, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and immediately wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces.
View the CDC's full prevention guide here.