Several trained Deputy Voter Registrars on staff can assist you in registering to vote. Please call us at 708-485-6917, ext. 150 to make sure that a registrar is available at the time you need.
To Register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old by the general election
- A resident of your precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day
You will also need to display two pieces of identification. Acceptable forms include:
- Illinois driver's license
- Illinois state ID
- Employee or student ID
- Credit card
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill in applicant's name
- Mail postmarked to the applicant
- Valid U.S. passport
- Public aid ID card
- Lease or rental contract
If you miss the deadline, you can register at the office of the election authority through Grace Period Registration. Locations and hours vary for each election.
You can also register to vote online, by downloading and mailing in a voter registration card, or by visiting these additional voter registration locations:
- Village of Brookfield
- Lyons Township or Riverside Township
- Cook County Clerk’s office
- Illinois Secretary of State's driver's license facility when obtaining or renewing your driver’s license or state identification card.
For more information on voter registration, such as find your polling place or review a sample ballot, visit the office of the Cook County Clerk.