What is Explore More Illinois?
Explore More Illinois is a free service that provides instant online access (with your Library card) to free and discounted tickets to museums and other fun cultural attractions. Explore More Illinois can be accessed 24/7 from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
May I use a Pass?
Access is limited to card holders ages 18 and older. Users may choose from passes based on venue and date. A limit of two active reservations are allowed at one time. A photo ID matching the name on the reservation must be shown at the attraction on the day of the reservation.
How do I get a Pass?
Get started at Explore More Illinois Login. From the drop-down menu, choose the Brookfield Public Library, enter your Library card number and PIN. Please note that your Library card must be in good standing. If you cannot log in, please call the Library at 708-485-6917. Browse passes and available offers for the upcoming three months. You can also search for offers by date, attraction name, or location.
How can I make a Reservation?
Reservations must be made for a specific date. Using the calendar, select the date then choose the Reserve option under the attraction. A confirmation box will appear and a confirmation email will be sent. It is recommended to print your pass shortly before your visit. Once you print or download your pass, you cannot cancel your reservation. Two active reservations are allowed per Library card. Reservations may be cancelled before they are printed or downloaded. Once you print or download your pass, you can not cancel your reservation, and it remains an active status until after the date on the pass.
What do I need to bring to the attraction on the day of the reservation?
You will need to bring a photo ID and either a smartphone with the pass available on the phone or a printed copy of the pass. Some attractions require a printed copy; this is indicated when you make the reservation.
What attractions are included?
Please note that participating attractions may change. Please visit Explore More Illinois to see current attractions and offerings.
- 1950s Park Forest House Museum, Park Forest
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Springfield
- American Toby Jug Museum, Evanston
- Central Illinois Connection Center, Chatsworth
- Chicago Children's Museum, Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum, Chicago
- Discovery Center Museum, Rockford
- DuSable Museum of African American History, Chicago
- Edwards Place, Springfield
- Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum, Oak Park
- Homewood Science Center, Homewood
- Illinois Holocaust Museum, Skokie
- Kankakee County Museum, Kankakee
- Kidzeum of Health and Science, Springfield
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College, Chicago
- Springfield Art Association, Springfield
- The Viking Ship, Geneva
- Vermilion County Museum, Danville
Does Explore More Illinois include free or discounted admission to major Chicago attractions?
Popular Chicago museums including Shedd Aquarium, Museum of Science & Industry, Field Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, Adler Planetarium are NOT included in the Explore More Illinois program.