What is BLAST (Brookfield Library After School Time)?
- BLAST is a unique, after-school enrichment initiative for kids in grades 1-4. BLAST runs Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. during the school year through Memorial Day.
- BLAST offers homework time, board games, outside fun (weather permitting), activities, and crafts.
- BLAST is open to Brookfield residents ONLY.
- The library charges $250 for each child enrolled in BLAST. This will help defray the cost of supplies, materials, and snacks during the entirety of the 2017/2018 school year.
2017/2018 BLAST Registration
- BLAST registration for the 2017/2018 school year runs from Monday, May 1 through Monday May 8.
- Please note that registration is open to Brookfield residents ONLY, and the class limit is 18 children. Children will be randomly selected through a lottery system. Registration in person is required.
- Parents or guardians enrolling two siblings received slots for both children if one child was selected in the lottery.
- Parents or guardians will be notified via phone or e-mail if their child/children have been selected for the 2017/2018 session and the payment will be due by Friday, August 4 to secure the spot.
- Interested in volunteering for BLAST? We are looking for responsible teen volunteers to assist with BLAST. Three shifts are available: 3-4, 4-5, or 5-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Click here for a volunteer application.
- For more information, please contact Christal Beyer, Head of Youth Services, at 708-485-6917, ext. 141.